Who doesn’t love a good cheese accompanied by a glass of wine? I know I do. I used to eat it whenever I had the chance. I can go as far as saying that I am a cheese person. Unfortunately, since I aged a bit, I cannot afford to eat as much as before because my metabolism got slower in time and I get fat from eating too much of it, but that doesn’t stop me from eating cheese once in a while. I sometimes use it as a snack after I come from the gym. The irony, I know.
Cheese, no matter how good it tastes, it can be difficult to handle. Depending on the type of cheese, you cannot just cut it with a regular knife. That is if you don’t want to hack it all up. It may work when you are alone, but when you have guests, and you want to make a plate of cheese, hacked up pieces of it are not very appealing. Cutting cheese requires a certain amount of finesse. And do you know how you can achieve that? By purchasing a cheese slicer.
The benefits of a cheese slicer
The main thing to remember here is that a cheese slicer has become a necessity in every kitchen. Everybody eats cheese now and again, but a regular knife cannot do the job well. This is where the cheese slicer intervenes. Here are the reasons you should buy one.
- It cuts cheese better than a knife – this is a ‘doh’ moment. A cheese slicer is, after all, specially designed for this. As you may expect, it does a better job than a regular knife. I think it’s a bit strange that no matter how sharp a knife is, it will still be difficult to slice cheese with it. The only explanation I can find is that the knife is wide and the surface of the blade adheres to the cheese. I think. That is probably why the wire slicers cut through cheese as through butter.
- You will save money on knives – yes, this is a real possibility. People tend to believe that a cheese slicer is no better than a knife, but they couldn’t be more wrong. When you use a knife, chances are that it will get stuck in the cheese. As a result, you have to pull hard to remove it. Or even worse, you will actually struggle to cut through the cheese. I can’t even tell you how many knives I ruined before purchasing a cheese slicer. I would simply be left with the handle in my hand and the blade inside the cheese. Imagine my struggle to get the blade out. A lot of people went through the same experience. So buying a cheese slicer will save the money you spend on knives.
- You will be able to make more presentable cheese plates. Whenever you are having people over, and you want to take out a plate of cheese, what’s on the plate matters. As I said before, you cannot put a plate full of hacked up cheese in front of your guests. A cheese slicer will help you achieve just that. You will be able to cut thin, perfect slices of cheese with minimal effort. Your plate will look a lot more presentable, and your guests won’t look at the plate as if someone chopped it off with an ax.
How to choose the best cheese slicer
I don’t know if you know this, but there are multiple kinds of cheese slicers. There are wire slicers, rolling cheese slicers, and plane slicers. Whichever you like, make sure that it meets some criteria. Buying the first one that comes up in a search may lead to purchasing a new one not long after. Here is what you should look at when you decide to make a purchase.
- The quality – it’s difficult to tell which slicer is of high-quality from a simple image online, but you have something else at hand that can help you decide. Read cheese slicers reviews online. People who bought a particular product are the ones who can tell if that product has a good quality or not. Also, brands are very important. A manufacturer that is renowned for making high-quality kitchenware will always release good products.
- Ease of use – naturally, you want a cheese slicer that will make your job easier. Otherwise, you would stick to your knife. There is no point in buying something shiny and fancy if it doesn’t work, right? Who would do that? I find that wire cheese slicers are the easiest to use, but this is just my opinion. Only you can decide which one you want.
- The material – material is as important as with any other product you have in your kitchen. A high-quality material will ensure that the slicer will last for many years to come. The most resilient material that will not rust or get damaged during slicing is stainless steel, of course. Yes, it is a bit more expensive than products made from other materials, but it will surely last.
- The cost – only you can establish your budget, but usually, more expensive cheese slicers are made of superior materials and will last longer. I am not saying that cheap products will not accomplish their purpose (sometimes it’s all about the brand), but a stainless steel cheese slicer will always be better than an aluminum one, for example.
- Cleaning – isn’t it annoying when you own a piece of kitchenware and you can never clean it properly? I had a ceramic potato peeler that no matter how much I would wash it, the dirt just wouldn’t budge. It stained the ceramic, and I had to throw it out eventually. With cheese slicers,it’s a bit different, but it is as annoying. The thing is that bacteria grows very fast on cheese, and if you don’t wash the slicer properly, it’s better if you don’t know what can happen. But the point is it’s bad. You can go for a cheese slicer that can be thrown in the dishwasher, although that may affect its sharpness. The best way to clean it is to hand wash it and then wipe it with a dry cloth. Just make sure to clean it well.
What are the best cheese slicers?
Whenever I want to know if a certain product is as advertised, I read online reviews. It’s the best way to know. My filter goes something like this: if there aren’t many reviews about a particular item that means almost all customers were satisfied and didn’t have anything bad to say about it. If there are bad reviews, I just move on to the next model. This method worked out pretty well so far. However, if you have trouble finding what you want and don’t know what to think about the slicers that you found online, here are a few products that will do a great job.
Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Cheese Slicer
I chose to start with this one because it’s the one I have in my kitchen. It’s been 2 years since I bought it, and trust me when I say this. The way it looks now resembles the picture you are looking at online. It’s the same thing. There are a few scratches because I have the bad habit of throwing it in the kitchen sink and then throw a ton of dishes over it. So it’s my fault. But it is really durable and resilient. I don’t know if I have to change it anytime soon.
The reason I bought it is suggested by the title. You can adjust the thickness of the slices according to everyone’s preferences. If my husband wants thinner slices of cheese on his sandwich, and my kid wants them as thick as possible, I can easily follow their instructions. This feature is the whole reason I bought it.
The moment you hold the Bellemain cheese slicer in your hands you can tell that it has a strong construction. It is cast from a single piece of zinc alloy, and it’s really heavy duty. I wasn’t expecting it. Just as I do, you will own this cheese slicer for many years to come. You will only throw it out because you’ll get sick of it.
The Bellemain cheese slicer is very easy to use. It’s a rolling model that can cut cheese up to 3.5 inches wide. And it doesn’ make much of a difference if you cut a thick slice of cheese or a thin one. The slicer will work just the same. The effort you put in is minimal. I can guarantee that you will fall in love with it, just as I did 2 years ago. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Prodyne MW-805 Metal and Wood Cheese Slicer
This model is a wire cheese slicer, and I love the way it looks. It has an elegant, sleek design that makes it very attractive. I can only imagine how good it looks on a kitchen counter. But if I think about it, it will look as good on the coffee table or dining table. The way Prodyne looks, you can slice cheese in front of your guests.
The board is made of a beautiful piece of beechwood with an 18/8 brushed stainless steel inlay. The metal makes it look sleek, but the wood is also very nice to the touch. The wire is made of durable stainless steel that will cut through a block of cheese as if it is butter. In the package, you will receive a replaceable cutting wire. In case that loses its sharpness as well, you can simply order one or multiple wires online. They are not even expensive. You can find them with 1 dollar, or 1.50$ each.
The item is, as I said, very easy to use. You decide the thickness of the slices. You can even slice cubes or whichever shape you want. Nothing will stop you. The board comes with rubber feet, so it won’t scratch the surface of your counters or your tabletops. It is a great product, and I will consider buying it in the future. I firmly believe that this is one of the best cheese slicers on the market, which is why it is my number one recommendation. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Westmark Germany Stainless Steel Cheese and Food Slicer
I will always love multi-purpose items. I find them very useful, especially in the kitchen, where you must have a different piece of equipment for every food you make. That is why I laid my eyes on Westmark. It is multi-purpose, and I am sure you will love it too.
The first thing that pops up is that this cheese slicer is made in Germany. We are always told that German quality has no equal. Most of the times that is true, of course. It applies here as well. The product is of the highest quality, and I couldn’t find any relevant bad review about it. It is just as advertised and you can do a lot of stuff with it. You can slice cheese, naturally, but also vegetables, meat, and I even read about some people who are soap makers that they cut soap.
The material used in the manufacturing of Westmark cheese slicer is stainless steel for the blade, high quality cast aluminum for the handle, and the base is made from ABS with a polypropylene adjustable scale. There is no doubt that this product is durable and will last for years to come.
The Westmark cheese slicer is very easy to use. You can adjust the thickness of whatever you want to slice and will be efficient in any case. Whether you slice cheese or tomatoes, the job will be done perfectly. Cleaning is also very easy. Just use dish soap and water. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Cheese slicing can be a risky business. The chances of you hurting yourself are very high, but only if you don’t use the right tools. A cheese slicer will prove to be a very effective, safe, and easy way to slice cheese. No matter which product you choose, you are one step closer to perfect slices of cheese. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Possible Warning Signs on Cheese Cutter You Should Know
- The Mystery of Stainless Steel Cheese Slicer That No One Is Talking About
- Startling Details Regarding Cheese Cutters Exposed
- Best Wire Cheese Slicer Explained
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Vegetable Spiral Slicer
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Apple Peeler Corer Slicer
- Cheese Knife Reviews & Guide Top Cheese Knife ChoicesDon’t forget, cheese cannot be frozen
- The Characteristics of Cheese Cutting Board with Wire
- Solutions for Wire Cheese Cutters in Step by Step Detail
- Commercial Meat Slicer Can Be Fun for Everyone
- Notes on Cheese Cutters for Sale in Step by Step Order
- The Secrets of Block Cheese Slicer Exposed
- Choosing Good Meat Slicers
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Best Cheese Plane
- Cheese Cutters Slicers Secrets Every type of cheese demands a special type of knife for cutting it
- Top Tips of Cheese Plane
- Detailed Notes on Marble Cheese Slicer in Step by Step Order
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Cheese Wire Slicer Before You’re Left Behind
- The Dirty Facts on Adjustable Cheese Slicer
- Cheese Cutting Wire Help!
- Finding Best Cheese Cutter on the Web
- Confidential Facts on Cheese Slicers for Home Use That Only the Pros Know About
- Who is Discussing Cheese Slicer Board and Why You Should Be Concerned
- Kids, Work and Cheese Wire
- Definitions of Cheese Cutter Wire
- The Death of Wire Cheese Cutter
- The Argument About Cheese Wire Cutter
- The Ultimate Cheese Slicer Wire Trick
- The Ultimate Wire Cheese Slicer Trick
- The Chronicles of Cheese Board Set
- Vital Pieces of Cheese Board
- What Everyone Is Saying About Cheese Slicer Is Dead Wrong and Why
- Spiral Vegetable Slicer Tips
- The Argument About Meat Slicer for Sale
- Facts, Fiction and Cheese Slicer Wire Replacement